Thursday, December 11, 2008

Little Side Project.

Since we don't have any assignments to make for the Maya Springboard anymore and I really want to try out all the things I've learned in the past few weeks, I decided to start a little side project...I tried to create a solar system in Maya. I don't know why, it just came to me one day. I started with one sphere, then added another one. Then added some stars in the background..and after about a week I ended up with something like this....

Click on the image for a higher resolution

Now there are still alot of things that could be better in this shot...but that's very difficult and advanced stuff. Let's just say that with my knowledge on texturing and lighting, I can't complain how this turned out. Now alot of people are asking me how I made this. I know it seems very hard to make but its made using the things that I've learned while working on my assignments.

Now just to show that it's really not all that advanced, here's a screenhot of Maya when I was working on this project. It's very basic, but it gets the job done, right. Btw the little green object just on top the the blue sphere is actually the camera I used to make the image I showed you on top.


Click on the image for a higher resolution

Now I'm not going to make any other projects, because in just a few weeks the main animation course starts, so I'll probably read some animation books to refresh my memory on the twelve principles of animation. My next post will probably be in january. So, I quess till then!



No comments: