Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Welcome to AnimationMentor.com!

Finally Finally Finally!!! I can't believe all that waiting is over! It's time to start learning.

On the 5th of January the virtual doors to the school opened and I could access all kinds of new training video's, tools, lectures and even a new model called Stu! Comming from the Maya Springboard with a limited amount of students I was suprised to see how many people are actually in the AnimationMentor program. I thought I was the only one from the Netherlands, but it turned out there are 10 other! So that was a nice surprise.

We also got to know who our mentor for class 1 is.
My mentor is Jalil Sadool, an amazing animator who has worked on; Garfield: a Tail of Two Kittens, Night at the Museum and The Chronicles of Narnia among others. He is currently working on Avatar at Weta Digital Ltd.
Our class will get to meet him on thursday...so tomorrow, and we'll introduce ourselves and meet all the other students.

Now in the first week we aren't going to make any assignments. We just have to introduce ourselves and get used to the website, but since iv'e done the Maya Springboard I already have that part locked down ; ) Next week is when the fun really with posing Stu.

I'll let you know how the Q&A goes, which takes place in about 8 hours :S Now before I go here's the new model iv'e been talking about...

STU

No comments: